Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goodbye Orange

The Orange Rod, the very reason I created this blog, is leaving for four years to accomplish nothing in Ottawa. She's packing her bags and taking her, er, expertise to the nation's capital to aid the federal NDP. Which is great if you're a fan of the federal Conservatives.
That's because Orange was wrong more times than I can recall. She was wrong about the Coyotes coming - on several occasions. She was wrong about the federal byelection. She was wrong about the federal election here in Manitoba. She, for some reason, thinks there could be an NDP or PC minority while at the same time saying Jon Gerrard, the only Liberal MLA in the province, could lose his seat. I'm not sure what sort of math classes she took, but if I'm a political operative, I really want someone like Orange opposing me. It's hard to find someone who's wrong that often.
I will miss Orange - she was great at giving me blog ideas, such as the time she called anyone who doesn't vote NDP stupid. She was the gift who just kept on giving.
Should I keep on posting? Maybe not so much as summer approaches, but I'm sure I'll keep it up, especially until the election.
It just won't be the same without ol' Orange around.

6 comments:

  1. Uh, she was right about a Conservative Majority forming federally and about the Federal NDP losing Elmwood-Transcona.

    And I really doubt that the Orange Rod is an actual party strategist, it seems more liklely that she is some sort of administrative support worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    She also called everyone who doesn't vote NDP stupid. Like I said, she was blog gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets not forget the time she told anyone who was opposed to the Bipole 3 project to "move to another province." Quite ironic that she ends up doing this herself the first chance she is offered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Analyst

    She never predicted the NDP would lose Elmwood-Transcona. She simply reported what the polls were saying about the riding.

    Additionally, it was funny how she accused the Conservatives of "ditry politics" when the story of Jack Layton visiting a brothel surfaced. Was it ever proven that it was the Conservatives who leaked this to the media? I thought it was the Liberals, but I could be wrong.

    I also find it very interesting that the media only reported that Layton was caught in a brothel, which would surely boost his popularity (just ask Bill Clinton, Hugh Grant, or JFK). They conveniently left out that when Jack was on the Toronto City Council, he petitioned the city repeatedly to shut down bawdy houses, brothels, and other sex related establishments.

    I have no problem with someone visiting a brothel, as it is their business. However, when someone crusades against something, and then is caught doing the exact thing he is so dead set against, it makes him a liar and a hypocrite.

    Jack Layton. The Jimmy Swaggart of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL another update on Orange. Now she won't even allow posts on here sight. I can't say I blame her - the latest post is on the NHL, and she's been wrong how many times on that front? She also said she never censored any posts that were not offensive. That's been proven a lie I don't know how many times. Now she doesn't want any posts. Can't wait til she starts with the inside baseball stuff from Ottawa. A noob working for a bunch of other noobs. Let the comedy commence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the nutjob on mooseowner.com. Only allowing for the pro-AHL comments. Maybe Orange Rod owns the site.

    ReplyDelete