Sunday, September 18, 2011

The reason for the lack of posts

It's election time. I should be blogging away like crazy. But I'm not.
Why?
Well the parties are virtually indistinguishable, that's why. Every day it more spending, more spending, and no explanation of how we're going to pay for it. The MSM media keeps telling us how well we're doing, but that's really only applicable in and around Winnipeg. I'm extremely disapointed the PCs or even the Liberals are not trying to be different from the NDP, but it appears as though this really is becoming a nanny state. I keep waiting for a chicken in every pot pledge.
Don't get me wrong the NDP are out to lunch with their bipole III plan (which I suspect is their way to give the unions even more cash through a larger and more expensive project). But outside that, what is there? What's supposed to excite me? More debt? Continued reliance on Sask and Alberta?
As we continue to lose our youth to inter-provincial migration, how am I supposed to be excited about these choices?

1 comment:

  1. I have just spent three days pondering over such things.

    Did the PC's say "The NDP are not managing effectively when they..." Did the Grits? Not that I can see. So are they going to manage the same way? I worry about this.

    And this boggles me, because I am positive Dr. G. focuses on the manner in which tax dollars 'flow to' health care more than any particular policy the NDP might have forgotten to pursue. The money is already there, it just isn't being managed well enough.

    Grits go for electoral reform... but only kinda, sorta, so far. And STV right off the hop? Good bloody luck with that.

    To me, electoral reform is a top-shelf issue.... but more importantly it is important to the youth that aren't tapped into the pig trough (so they leave...), they _need_ to see a serious party tackle electoral reform head-on.

    Something very wrong going on here.

    ReplyDelete